Bruno Guimaraes appears to be an option for Juventus in January or the summer. Without a doubt, the Brazilian midfielder has his qualities. In fact, I firmly believe he could thrive in today’s midfield of Juventus. However, the Old Lady does not have the money to pull this transfer off even with Arthur at Arsenal with Gunners covering his full salary.
Olympique Lyon is known for the high price tags of their rising stars, and they do not lower an expense of a player too easily. In the past, during negotiations for Houssem Aouar, it was declared that there was a good relationship between Juve and Lyon. Hence, I find it surprising that they, reportedly, demand 45 million euros for Guimaraes. An amount of money that not only is currently unthinkable for Juve to spend but to get together too. The least we can hope for is that Lyon lets Bruno leave on loan with or without option/obligation. Plus, despite his qualities, the 24-year-old is not worth anything above 30 million, in my eyes.
To form your opinion, I recommend watching Ligue 1 fixture – Troyes vs Lyon – later today. Our discussed midfielder is expected to play. The match starts at 17:05 CET. (16/1/2022)
Moreover, here are his attributes you should recognise before watching him perform:
- TAKE ONs – Guimaraes is unbelievably hard to defend and to tackle one on one due to his physicality and calmness/smoothness with the ball on his feet.
- COURAGE – As he is not afraid to take on an opponent, he creates space and opportunities for others.
- PREDICTION, PASSES – Bruno has great vision = is able to pass beyond the opponent’s defence line both by centring and moving the ball on the field. In addition, we can say he is a playmaker and a passer you just love to have on your side.
- TACKLE – With being brave already, it is simply nice to have that physicality to slide, storm or kick heavily to make an interception, our so-called Brazilian friend has that and is capable.
- RUSH – When done too quickly or unexpectedly, yellow cards can be on the table. Nevertheless, he has 28 of them in 153 appearances throughout his career and has never got sent off.
- CONFIDENCE – Perhaps it is a good thing, but he does dribble a lot around one or even two players. This results unfavourably for his team sometimes = he loses possession.
- MONEY – I am saying it again – he is just not worth the amount Lyon requires for him.
Stat attack (2021/22 – Ligue 1):
- 18 appearances from which 17 were starts
- 3 assists
- 29 key passes and 32 chances created
- Passing accuracy: 88%
- Dribbling success rate: 77% (34 dribbles)
- 26 successful tackles (60%)
- 8 clearances and 15 interceptions
To truly find out for yourself whether you rate Bruno the Brazilian or not, do not forget to watch the Troyes vs Lyon game! 17:05 CET!